Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Lost Status 11 Months Into a Relationship

I got too needy.

I needed love every day.  I needed my nightly call.  I needed her to reach out to me.

Losing status is a lot more than that though.  It's being afraid of how you might make her feel.  It's keeping your phone on you in case she texts.  It's being frustrated in general.

The high status man doesn't worry, because he's got nothing to worry about.  He knows she'll come to him when she needs him.

The idea that I need to reach out to her so she'll feel love/appreciated or so that the relationship won't die from neglect is just silly.  If she feels unloved she'll let me know.  If she needs me she'll reach out to me.  If the relationship is dying because she doesn't want to talk, the truth is it's already dead or dying, and the best thing you can do is wait.

Other things:

-Never bring up a problem -- there's no reason to keep talking about issues that you've had... bringing it up just reinforces the negative and creates bad feelings, resistance, and kills the mood.  It'll ruin a relationship the same way it would ruin a sale.  If it needs to be discussed, at least let her be the one to bring it up!!

-Being a man is about being in control of your problems.  If she's your problem and you're dependent on her to fix it, that's the lowest status position you can be in.

No comments:

Post a Comment